Wanna know more about the girl behind the camera? Here are 10 things about me:
1. My name is Becky, I'm 26 years old and I grew up with three siblings - two brothers and a sister in Derbyshire.
2. I can't survive without music. The music that I listen to is so important to me. Some of my favourites are (to name a few); Fleetwood Mac, The National, Lana Del Rey and Amy Winehouse. It makes me happy, helps me when i'm sad, inspires me and reminds me of happy memories. It feeds my soul and I always have my speaker on or my headphones in.
3. I have two beautiful nephews named Ethan and Harrison. Ethan is 2 years old and Harrison is only a month old. I'm biased but i'm pretty sure they're the cutest babies ever. I usually spend my free time with them, my brother and sister. We like hanging out in the garden when its sunny and I usually cook a big meal for them like a veggie curry, chilli, tacos and sometimes a big mountain of pancakes!
4. I am fiercely independent.
5. I am a vegetarian and have been for around 10 years. Not eating meat is super important to me from a health point of view as well an an ethical standpoint. I'd like to clarify though that i'm not a preachy veggie, I get that people eat meat and I can't stop everyone from doing it (as much as I'd like to). I just really love all animals and I am happy knowing that I am not a part of that industry and that I am looking after myself in the way that makes me feel the best health-wise and morals-wise. What other people do in their lives ain't my business!
6. My staple wardrobe consists of denim, white, black, sliver jewellery, leather jackets, baggy tees and cowgirl ankle boots.
7. I loooove trash TV, chick flicks and 90's rom coms. I also really like Quentin Tarantino films.
8. I am happiest outdoors and with my camera. I like to travel and explore. I'm happy travelling to different countries as well as going on big, long walks around the Peak District. My dream is to one day own a van, live in it and wild camp around Europe then the USA with a little dog and my music in my ears.
9. I am horrendously clumsy. I damaged my knee whilst having a break climbing a mountain in Snowdonia because I fell over from JUST STANDING UP. That knee is now my 'bad knee' and has never been the same. I also managed to remove my own fingernail once my trapping it in a cupboard door - honestly wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy lol. I really am a hazard to myself and its a miracle I haven't broken my camera before!
10. Annnd finally, I like to read. I love reading stories about other people's lives; particularly strong, independent women and learning about them. One of my absolute faves is Clothes, Clothes, Clothes. Music, Music, Music. Boys, Boys, Boys by Viv Albertine. This book inspires me to be unapologetically myself in my own kick ass way so much. I'm currently reading Just Kids by Patti Smith which I'm starting to think is one of the most beautifully written books I have read.
So, there we go. 10 things about me - maybe you feel like you know the person behind the camera a little better now.